real time web analytics
Report (Permission Visit) - RAF Sculthorpe MoD Police building - 18.04.23 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report (Permission Visit) RAF Sculthorpe MoD Police building - 18.04.23

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

KyroRetnik

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Afternoon, not sure if this is worthy of a post or not but here goes.

Being a local and a regular visitor to the site, I noticed on my last visit that the gate to the police building was open, and that a car was in there. Spoke to the person who was friendly and gave me permission to go and have a wander.
Hadn't been the building for at least 4 years, and holy crap. Place is real battered now. Walls are falling in on themselves, a large majority of the roofing and ceiling has fallen through etc. Sad to see it in this state, but there's nothing that can be done. Worst part is, the base commander's desk is still in the building. The heritage centre are looking to save it but things aren't looking particularly bright.

Sculthorpe MoD Police Station 1.jpg

Sculthorpe MoD Police station 2.jpg

Sculthorpe MoD Police Station 3.jpg

Sculthorpe MoD Police Station 4.jpg

Sculthorpe MoD Police Station 5.jpg

Sculthorpe MoD Police Station 6.jpg

Sculthorpe MoD Police Station 7.jpg

Sculthorpe MoD Police Station 8.jpg

Sculthorpe MoD Police Station 9.jpg

Sculthorpe MoD Police Station 10.jpg

Sculthorpe MoD Police Station 11.jpg

Sculthorpe MoD Police Station 12.jpg

Sculthorpe MoD Police Station 13.jpg

Sculthorpe MoD Police Station 14.jpg

Sculthorpe MoD Police Station 15.jpg

Sculthorpe MoD Police Station 16.jpg

Sculthorpe MoD Police Station 17.jpg

Sculthorpe MoD Police Station 18.jpg

Sculthorpe MoD Police Station 19.jpg

Sculthorpe MoD Police Station 20.jpg

Sculthorpe MoD Police Station 21.jpg

Sculthorpe MoD Police Station 22.jpg

Sculthorpe MoD Police Station 23.jpg

Sculthorpe MoD Police Station 24.jpg

Sculthorpe MoD Police Station.jpg

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I'm amazed it requires a permission visit given how smashed to pieces the place is. Security can't be much good.
Been sculthorpe so many times and in this building. Never had a permission yet, whole place is wide open. The heritage centre sometimes do a walk around I think.

KyroRetnik

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Been sculthorpe so many times and in this building. Never had a permission yet, whole place is wide open. The heritage centre sometimes do a walk around I think.
You would be correct. The Heritage Centre do walking tours but never venture inside of the building due to the concentration of asbestos. The warehouse opposite was set on fire years ago, it has now been rebuilt and is being used, with the addition of motion detectors and cameras. Must admit, place gave me some chills. Hearing footsteps ocassionally while I was standing still taking photos, strange place.

CantClimbTom

Enthusiastic Idiot and prolific BS talker
28DL Full Member
I'm amazed it requires a permission visit given how smashed to pieces the place is. Security can't be much good.
Maybe it doesn't, but if you were there for a non permission visit and there happened to be someone there at the time... I think there's more kudos for asking and talking their way in, rather than abandoning the visit to return when nobody is about. Dunno just thinking out loud.

KyroRetnik

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Big fan of the photo of the telephone switching kit
Makes for a good photo eh? It was there when I did my first explore up there 6 years ago. Copper theives have been at it because I remember it being almost mint last time I was in there (at least 3 years) and now it's been hacked at and wires are frayed, some missing altogether. Thinking back on my first visit makes me feel old.

Bruno1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Makes for a good photo eh? It was there when I did my first explore up there 6 years ago. Copper theives have been at it because I remember it being almost mint last time I was in there (at least 3 years) and now it's been hacked at and wires are frayed, some missing altogether. Thinking back on my first visit makes me feel old.
Shame but not too surprising

KyroRetnik

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Shame but not too surprising
I've found myself volunteering with the heritage centre up there today, had a smashing time and there was some real smart displays actually. Even got a few goodies for myself, another volunteer donated their old 75-300mm zoom lens and I got a couple C130 pictures to go on my wall lol

The Explorer Returns

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I was here a couple weeks back, I’m not joking, I saw a group of about 4 blokes cutting down the street lights..fuck knows what for.

Who has read this thread (Total: 187) View details