real time web analytics
Report - - Reigate Sand mine - 2016 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Reigate Sand mine - 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

obscurity

Flaxenation of the G!!!
Regular User
I have been pretty poor aty getting things posted, or even removed from my growing collection of full memory cards for that matter. This one was a balst. I had been wanting to do this place with a few of the lads for ages but it had always sat on a backburner for another day. I have some time off and @R_yoda and @silentwalker mention they want to see the place. I have a quick chat with @Wevsky whop kindly pings over the pin we have for it and off we go. Getting into the grounds we kept low and made our way to the access before taking one last look around to make sure we hadnt been seen. As always it was a stupidly still night so every sound we made sounded amplified in the air as there was very little background noise.
These arent my best photos and I should have taken more but to be honest I was fucked and still had the climb back out to worry about.

Once out we caught our breath and packed away the gear and began makingour wya out the grounds. Just as the last of our group came over the wall a police car appeard round the corner of the road. If they didnt see us jump out then they had definately seen all our gear and we were the only three people out at about 3am on a school night so with a quick few turns down some back roads we loaded up the cars and went our seperate ways. Top night as always lads :thumb

History of the mine just taken from a previous thread haha:

The sand mines in Reigate date back to circa 1820 and were used up to circa 1900. The sand had two purposes, for glass manufacture and for scrubbing. When the mining ceased the caves were used for a variety of uses. Cordite from Woolwich Arsenal was stored their during WW1, wine merchants stored wine and disposed of empties there, during WW2 it was used as a shelter for locals and people travelling down from London and the one of the caves are used by a local shooting team today.
This particular set was used by the school during WW2 as a shelter and is now sealed off from the other tunnels.

34892051242_3b2c455e9a_c.jpg

35016234166_426d3fedbc_c.jpg

34668895100_ef45d7c6e0_c.jpg

34924769281_5af1a01568_c.jpg

35016078276_3247277391_c.jpg

35056259455_5b38b38a8b_c.jpg

34668754140_db4fcda8c5_c.jpg

silentwalker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks mate, I wasn't too happy with them but they aren't too bad considering I felt ready to drop dead haha. Top night this was with much lolz

God yeah that was an eventful night to say the least, they came out far far better than mine, love the end shot and can't forget the giant vagina shot :D