real time web analytics
Report - - Royal Navy diving and animal testing facility-Gosport- July 2020 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Royal Navy diving and animal testing facility-Gosport- July 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Aleesha3

Aleesha_urbex
28DL Full Member
This was actually a spontaneous find after planning a road trip to Portsmouth and Gosport and all of our good locations being unsuccessful, we didn’t want it to be a waste so luckily we found this and a couple of others.

History- This place was used to use goats for testing and experiments. Tests we’re suspended last March and a permanent ban was put in place. They were subjecting goats to various pressures in a hyperbaric chamber.
The purpose of it was just in case a submarine was ever stranded, the escape drills and equipment needed would be improved from the results they would get from the goats.

Copied from ‘wired’
“The effects of decompression sickness, brought on by rising too quickly to the surface from the intense pressure encountered at depth, include joint pain, visual disturbances, loss of balance, breathing difficulties, paralysis and death. The animals which survived initial tests at Gosport were often used in a series of painful experiments for up to five years before being culled and undergoing post-mortem examination of their spinal cords and brain tissue.
They used goats because their respiratory physiology closely resembles that of humans.

The explore- We were actually expecting to run into security and we thought exploring this place was going to be risky, however, no security at all.
We spent about 2 hours walking around this one as there we’re so many buildings to explore, took us a while to figure out what it was but turned out to be dive and goat testing facility

The diving room was so interesting as we’ve never seen anything like it, it was like going behind the scenes. We were so confused at first because we just saw this massive green hole, not knowing what it was, it just turned out to be the water they dived into but it was full of green bits where nature has overtaken.

Another building had animal like facilities in it, which at this point before we knew what this place was, left us very confused.

We ran into a group of teenage boys which made things a bit disappointing as they definitely weren’t exploring.

Overall, very interesting explore, bit sad that the goats went through painful experiments though.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Interesting history there. Poor goats. I know we have to test, but it doesnt mean we dont feel for the animals. Nice find too. I dont think Ive seen this before on here. Or maybe I have just different write up & photos. Well done, trip not wasted :thumb

Aleesha3

Aleesha_urbex
28DL Full Member
Interesting history there. Poor goats. I know we have to test, but it doesnt mean we dont feel for the animals. Nice find too. I dont think Ive seen this before on here. Or maybe I have just different write up & photos. Well done, trip not wasted :thumb
Thank you, it really helped make the trip worth it, never know what your going to find when you walk into these buildings

LemonFactory

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Without a shadow of a doubt i'd have ended up falling in there! Those cages are rather eery as well, christ. Great report though!

Aleesha3

Aleesha_urbex
28DL Full Member
Imagine I was literally pinning myself against the wall to make sure I didn’t fall in haha, thank god the flooring held my weight as well. The wages were so weird, wouldn’t like to think who/what they kept in them. Thank you, really appreciate that

TheTimeChamber

Torch Wavker
Regular User
Great spontaneous find. If this is where I think it is, you have answered a question as to what it was!

Last edited:

Who has read this thread (Total: 567) View details