real time web analytics
Report - - Shorts Tunnels, Rochester (09/02/2008) | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Shorts Tunnels, Rochester (09/02/2008)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Maniac

rebmeM LD82
Regular User
This set of photos was taken by myself and caveman over 2 seperate visits to Shorts tunnels. I know it's been on here a lot recently, but a few more pics can't do any harm! (Plus we spent ages setting up most of the shots, so it'd be a shame to keep them to ourselves.)

I'm sure you all know the history of the tunnels. If you don't, then do a search, there's plenty of other threads on the place.

On with the pics;

One of the factory tunnels
dovrandother010.jpg

Amazing how much light tealights can provide (apolgies for orangeness)
dovrandother015.jpg

No idea what these brackets were for, but they provided some awesome shadows. :)
dovrandother009.jpg

Boxes and stuff just left to rot.
dovrandother012.jpg

I love these gateways, there's plenty of them down there.
dovrandother029.jpg

We then returned last night with a couple of parafin lamps for lighting, which gave opportunity for some interesting, somewhat different photos. Apologies for the totally different look to the pics, the first set was taken on Cavemans camera, the second set was on my camera.

The well.
DSCF0005-1.jpg

Caveman + lanterns.
DSCF0015-1.jpg

One advantage of lanterns, you can hang them on things ;)
DSCF0018_straight.jpg

The amount of rotting timber down there is amazing, all covered in white fluffy stuff which doesn't look too healthy.
DSCF0023_straight.jpg

Tunnel
DSCF0025.jpg

Tunnel junction
DSCF0036_straight.jpg

Found this interesting looking spotlight. The filiment in that bulb is still intact!
DSCF0042_edit.jpg

Random bits of metal.
DSCF0046.jpg

On the long walk back to the entrance
DSCF0062.jpg

Thanks for looking :thumb

Maniac.