real time web analytics
Report - - Sweden -Civil Defence -Command Center -Industrial protection -Visit 2007 and 2013 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Sweden -Civil Defence -Command Center -Industrial protection -Visit 2007 and 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

benkar

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
A large part of the Swedish underworld is granite, so I continue with yet another report from the Swedish bedrock.. :)

I have some problems with the translation to English. I'll see if I can succeed...

Civil Defence in Sweden during the Cold War was divided into different branches. One branch was at some important factories. During World War II it was called "Industrial air protection", but then changed it to "Verkskydd" may perhaps be translated into "Industrial protection"

The idea of ​​the Works Protection/Industrial protection
Works Protection would in the event of injury by assault, help distressed and injured, and limit damage within the plant/business. Works Protection staff was already in place and could therefore lead other employees in the rescue.

Those who ran a factory that was important to national defense (military or civilian) were required to:

a) Ensure that there was planning for Works Protection.

b) Mobilize, store and maintain materials, equipment and other supplies, as needed Works Protection business.

c) if necessary, establish, equip and maintain a control center for Works Protection staff.

"A Command Center for Works Protection staff" then leads us to this particular facility.

History
In the early 1950s, then built a new industrial park on the outskirts of this great city, and the current company was the first in the area. The company had a business that was of great importance for Sweden's defense, it was therefore held up shelters and have a work protection. Initially, there were shelters, and probably some sort of command center for Works Protection staff, housed in industrial premises, one might guess that it was in the basement.

Quite so promptly, they found out it would be better with a more protected space in an underground cavern, it would then also be able to free up staff areas in the factory. In late 1952 sent the company a question to Building Planning Committee, submitted an application for permission to build a protected caverns. The application states that in advance received a positive response from the experts at the Civil Defence Board and Building Committee. The application was approved summer in 1953.

Building and construction
It took some years to blast out the rock, installing technical equipment. In one room there is a document from September 1957, where it is likely that the establishment deemed OK by the Civil Defence Committee. The Works Protection Centre was combined with shelter for 180 people. A shelter part of a cavern, split over two floors, through a steel structure, I have never seen before, interesting. Those who would use the shelter shared with those who worked with the Works Protection, 10-11 dry toilet.

What happened next?
Then comes the question, what happened then ...? I have not been able to figure out how long the company in question had business in the area, but based on equipment in Command Centre, such as phones, I find it hard imagine that after 1980 had little thought to use the space/facility, if not earlier, after the Cold War ended in 1990, and that the entire industrial park was half empty, you have enough story for this plant is finally over.

Seems like cavern finally submitted to its fate, it was during the later part of the 2000s, filled with water, but a part into the 2010s, emptied of water, and someone took the phones .. :banghead
Later in 2013 so it will be new activity in parts of the cavern.

The first half of the pictures (with water), before drawings, are from 2007, the pictures after the drawings (without water), are from 2013.

Many more and larger photos of this place in this gallery HERE!

/B

00_2007.jpg

01_2007.jpg

02_2007.jpg

03_2007.jpg

04_2007.jpg

05_2007.jpg

06_2007.jpg

07_2013.jpg

08_2013.jpg

09_2013.jpg

10_2013.jpg