real time web analytics
Report - - Talgarth Hospital Mid Wales Nov 2010 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Talgarth Hospital Mid Wales Nov 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Talgarth Asylum/Mid Wales Hospital Breconshire visited with Oldskool Hiddenshadow and ZerO81. With reports and talk of demolition work we decided to take the long drive to mid wale s to visit this hospital before it was to late, with another 3.30am we all met and headed off getting there in good time we found our way in easy enough. i was expecting a real fortress but i think the pikeys were busy when we were there with boxes of coiled wire outside which we saw them loading onto a van later that day, saying that security are still on site and entered the building at on e point when we were in the admin building we heard footsteps and voices and all dived for cover but they didn't come in to far and we never saw them again evan when we were outside on the road trying to get into the chapel which is locked down.This is a really nice explore with still plenty to see we did manage most of the site but time and light got the better of us so we headed out and back home, while we were outside the admin block a police car passed us gave a little wave and drove on..The Talgarth Asylum was originally called the Brecon and Radnor Joint Asylum and opened in 1903, the name changed in 1921 to the mid wales hospital. originally intended to house 352 patients by 1925 there were 455 patients and reached 496 by 496 this was reduced to an average of 140 patients in 1994, the hospital was finally closed in 2000. i think it was used for nurse traning as well.

tala.jpg
talb.jpg

talc.jpg

tald.jpg

tale.jpg

talf.jpg
talff.jpg

talg.jpg

talh.jpg
tali.jpg

talj.jpg

talk.jpg

tall.jpg

talm.jpg

taln.jpg

talo.jpg
talp.jpg

talq.jpg

talr.jpg

tals.jpg

talt.jpg

talu.jpg

talv.jpg

talw.jpg
talx.jpg

talzz.jpg

talzzz.jpg

talzzzz.jpg

yaly.jpg

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
Some great shots there mate, well done :thumb

admin was bone dry when i was here, looks soaked through now, although good to see some furniture remains. glad you got here finally.

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Some great shots there mate, well done :thumb

admin was bone dry when i was here, looks soaked through now, although good to see some furniture remains. glad you got here finally.

Thanks mate, yeah it was very wet and spippy much to the amusement of the others as i went flying down the stairs. I think a lot of tiles are now missing as well

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
much to the amusement of the others as i went flying down the stairs.

kitty virtually moonwalked down some slippy stairs at barnsleys so i fully understand their actions :D ......ah hang on, sorry mate are you ok? ;)

glad you had a good time, its a long day but well worth the effort.

jST

LLS.
Regular User
Mmm... black and whitey goodness, brings out the fogginess reyt nice.

Superb stuff host, looking forward to seeing the other's shots too.

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
WOW...Stunning shots host.

You even managed to make admin look really nice :thumb.

Was a really enjoyable day, cheers for letting me tag along.

Thanks mate, yeah it was very wet and spippy much to the amusement of the others as i went flying down the stairs. I think a lot of tiles are now missing as well

I was at the back of the line and concerned i was going to have 3 fellow explorers on top of me at the bottom of the stairs, but all worked out well, host picked himself up and shortly after came out with my one of my favourite lines of the day - 'Lets get shooting guys'.

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
WOW...Stunning shots host.

You even managed to make admin look really nice :thumb.

Was a really enjoyable day, cheers for letting me tag along.

I was at the back of the line and concerned i was going to have 3 fellow explorers on top of me at the bottom of the stairs, but all worked out well, host picked himself up and shortly after came out with my one of my favourite lines of the day - 'Lets get shooting guys'.

What better than Chippy chips or it's a long walk home..It was a good day and glad to see you back out there.

O

Oldskool

i dont understand.....we met up at 3.30!!!!!!!.....some of us did .............nice and moody shots host as always looks cool in b&w .....lets not mention the black mamba

Last edited by a moderator:

IdiotStuntBoy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi Host. Great pics. I'm thinking of making a trip up to Talgarth soon. I'm hoping someone can give me some more direct local area knowledge. You seem to have made the most recent trip so I was hoping you could give me some advice. I'm new to these forums so cant PM yet, is there any other way you'd be willing to communicate?

O

Oldskool

Hi Host. Great pics. I'm thinking of making a trip up to Talgarth soon. I'm hoping someone can give me some more direct local area knowledge. You seem to have made the most recent trip so I was hoping you could give me some advice. I'm new to these forums so cant PM yet, is there any other way you'd be willing to communicate?

carrier pigeon or smoke signals work well ....internet mate like we all do

IdiotStuntBoy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah ok maybe the answer seems a bit obvious ;)

However I thought direct advice wasnt allowed on the public forums, and I have no way to see any contact info you guys might have on your profiles as I'm not allowed to view them yet. If you can see the email address on my profile then I'd appreciate if one of you could contact me. Otherwise I have to figure out a way to send contact details without anyone posting their email on a public forum (which I'm guessing most people dont want to do).

I'm trying not to sound stupid here, I just thought people might be a bit cagey about directly posting contact details.

Who has read this thread (Total: 6) View details