real time web analytics
Report - - Templar House July 2020 Leeds, United Kingdom | Other Sites | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Templar House July 2020 Leeds, United Kingdom

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Status
Not open for further replies.

jones-y-gog

Putting the fun in dysfunctional
Regular User
As the author of the original report from 2014, I'd like to make a few observations.

Its interesting to note the exponential difference in attention this post has received compared to mine, mainly due to Kyle_Urbex and his efforts in self publicity. This is so true of the current state of urban exploring as the old saying 'there's no such thing as bad publicity' is so alive and kicking.

Its also worth pointing out, if anyone's interested, that the publicity drive goes beyond clothing - the location and story has been sold off to Leeds-Live and will pop up on Internet news feeds all over.

I'll be honest, one part of me does feel aggrieved that even though I was there documenting this 6 years ago, and dare I say making an effort to produce superior images, my input is effectively ignored. This perfectly shows the difference between urbex then and how it is now. I'm so glad to be part of the older generation who were not flagrantly in it for personal gain, the bottom line was we did it because we had a genuine passion for the places we explored. The desperate craving for social media likes didn't exist. We enjoyed, we documented, we celebrated places for what they were. That's it. End of.

In the unlikely event that anyone's interested in the original version, the search function always available to use.

Goldie87

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
@jones-y-gog Thats pretty much spot on. I’ve seen plenty of decent reports get little to no interaction, but fame hungry mongs get multiple pages of replies and all the attention they crave. The forum and especially fb page are packed with these self styled umbex famous types, so the moaning and saying it’s not the done thing here is kinda pointless really. Don’t feed the mongs!

derelictth92

Has a weak spot for staircases
28DL Full Member
Wondered how this thread has received so many comments as opposed to the other from 2014 the I see the pictures :wanker what a total bellend great advertising yourself reminds me of the Facebook nonce urbex untold he done the same thing with a hoody too and stupid cards and stickers everywhere :banghead

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
Is that the hoodie worn on every explore but not seen in any previous exploring pics lol.

Wasn't going to say anything but if its another sell out he gets all he deserves which is a shame as previous reports (including this one) are reasonable minus the goofy hoody guy pics of course.

Kyle_Urbex

Banned
Banned
Right let me clear this up once and for all in my last comment on this thread.

1 - The hate you’re all showing is directed towards me solely for the use of my Urbex shirt, I cannot understand why you’re all focusing more on the shirt than the actual exploration, The shirt does promote my Instagram yes you’re right on that score.

2 - My passion for urban exploration shouldn’t even come into question saying that I’m more focused on likes than the actual explore is ridiculous and way off the mark. If I didn’t have passion for exploring I wouldn’t take myself to little villages in the middle of nowhere to document places, I have a genuine passion for exploring which is why I do it because I genuinely like learning all the history of the building and seeing the decayed state of these historic buildings some of which are 100+ years old.

3 - Yes my Instagram shirt is for promotion purposes however not for “self fame” “popularity” or any of that, The idea behind the shirt is solely so I can get my photographs noticed but for the reasoning of I want to show everyone how these historic buildings can be left to fall into a state of decay, For example. I’m out in town, Somebody sees the shirt, They look at my page and if they’re interested in urban exploration then great! If not then it’s not for everybody, Maybe they’re a new explorer who doesn’t quite have a grasp on finding new locations. Who knows? My page can help that. Hence the shirt.

4 - In regards to the LeedsLive article, It doesn’t make me a “sell out” for having a chat with LeedsLive. If anything it allows the public of Leeds to see what derelict state these historic buildings can fall into. Yes we are all urban explorers, Some have different views and opinions and I respect that, But focus on the historic building. If you’re all genuine explorers like you claim the beautiful decay and derelict state photography of the historic Templar House should be prioritised on your list ahead of the shirt.

5- In regards to jones-y-gog the original author in 2014 of the report on Templar House. I read your report previously and admired your photographs, Seeing the difference those 6 years make is astonishing, I respect your photos and report as a whole and if you read the article I didn’t Ignore your efforts you made to take those photographs as I mentioned to LeedsLive that the first person to explore it was indeed in 2014 which was by yourself.

I hope you all understand my reasoning behind the shirt I’m sure most of you will probably continue to hate as I’m well aware of what people can be like on this site when they see something or hear something they don’t like, But to end my comment. Don’t question my passion for exploring when you’re all focused on a shirt rather than the building. Many of you have probably promoted yourself in some way previous such as giveaways, winning pictures, stickers etc.

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
In my opinion youve done some good reports including this one, I dont think its actually about you or even the shirt for that matter but rather what the shirt stands for and I dont think your still quite getting why.
Youve been picked on a bit due to your replies which admittedly aren't all constructive but once you've got peoples back up you wont get much else.
As regards talking to the media, some of us don't see any justification in it but people do and thats their cross to bare i would definatley think twice about pushing other explorers under the bus in any future interactions however.

puma

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Saw this on Leeds papers with your name but I guess some want recognition rather then discretion anyway but rather any urbexers then vandals

MarkusCP87

Undiscovered locations in the UK
28DL Full Member

And here we have another going to the papers.
What is it with new explorerers doing a derp and needing to be in the paper.
And they say they don't want to be famous...

Kyle_Urbex

Banned
Banned

And here we have another going to the papers.
What is it with new explorerers doing a derp and needing to be in the paper.
And they say they don't want to be famous...
I believe it’s called showing the state these derelict historic grade listed buildings can get into. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who has read this thread (Total: 534) View details