real time web analytics
Report - - Templar House July 2020 Leeds, United Kingdom | Other Sites | Page 4 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Templar House July 2020 Leeds, United Kingdom

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Status
Not open for further replies.

TVurbex

TV Locations Aficionado
28DL Full Member
Guys... I know this sort of shit can be annoying, but I really think that we should be a little more accepting of people on here, otherwise prospective new members aren't going to be interested in joining and the forum will eventually die. The world has changed in the past few years whether we like it or not, and this social media hate campaign is just making 28DL toxic. @Kyle_Urbex has been extremely respectful (despite the negativity), and regardless of whether or not you agree with what he does, who is anyone on this forum to attack him for it? For those who blatantly BS, fair enough, but for a bit of promotion... who cares? I have posted about this before and am fully aware that many will think I'm a bellend for it, but I feel that it's important to say for the sake of keeping this wonderful website alive. Thanks for reading.

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
We care mate. I dont give a monkeys about what other people think UE is about. It will NEVER be about selling out, getting famous or earning a living. Anyone who does do that isn't really welcome here.

Theres too many decent explorers out there for this place to ever die. Quite frankly the fewer of these bellends we get joining up the better.

TVurbex

TV Locations Aficionado
28DL Full Member
I agree, although I don't personally see the issue in one wanting to share photos (that they've often taken great risks to take) with a wider audience. Promotion isn't necessarily a materialistic action. Some people who promote their work through other channels have no or little interest in fame or money, but simply feel a sense of achievement. Just my opinion from the perspective of an old-minded Millennial though :)

jones-y-gog

Putting the fun in dysfunctional
Regular User
@TVurbex I get your point about sharing with a wider audience when we put a lot of effort into it. I share stuff on more than one forum and on flickr and even Facebook from time to time. However the difference, and hence the animosity comes as a result of what seem to be vast numbers of folk who are purely in it for their own gain. The whole thing is monetized and therefore self promotion is rife. This is what gets people's backs up.
There's been an explosion of this, which seemed to start around the time that EWF appeared with their brand of feeble-minded goonery and sadly it attracted waves of imitating from idiots up and down the land. The whole scene has mutated horribly from the one that was largely based on mutual trust and respect and a common purpose.

TVurbex

TV Locations Aficionado
28DL Full Member
Yeah I get that. You're probably right, and yes, there's no disputing the moronicness of EWF. I just think a little more tolerance might be nice so that we don't create some sort of online war ha. Don't get me wrong though, I do understand why people are annoyed and feel it myself also. Just trying to give people the benefit of the doubt, that's all.

pirate

Rum Swigger
28DL Full Member
I think it’s fairly simple,and I guess Kyle is probably an ok person but

if you want to sell explores to the press,goon about,start selling urbex merch,get police called out to your explores due to idiocy...........you’re probably best posting somewhere else.

btw Kyle I’m not suggesting you’ve done all the above

TranKmasT

"You BOY!
Regular User
IMO and as a means of going forward from this type of clusterfuck of a thread, mods need to nip it in the bud from the start and edit/delete promotional shots that go against it own rules/ethics.
I realise thay already happens to a degree but as this has had 52 replies so far, somthings amiss.
At the same time I'd like to congratulate the original OP for keeping their cool and hope they continue contributing to 28DL

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
How does wearing a shirt showing people your work and photos? thats what the forum is for, wearing your shirt is advertising you are a so called urban explorer and will bring you unwanted attention, in short it classes you as a "goon".. i had a Tshirt i was given with the word Urbex on it with a picture of a gasmask, it was a joke gift and i wore it as such but you seriously are a walking bill board

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Agreed @Wevsky
If it didn’t make him a sellout going to one paper, it definitely does now he’s gone to another.
i have in the past allowed a local rag the use of some of my pictures when asked, not to do a story on my epic urban exploration skills or how epic my hoody looks in the people shots , but about the history of the location and a story run on that alone not urban exploration.. This lad is clearly in it to make aname for himself , cos why not it's a cool hobby etc etc

Punk

Punkus Explorus
28DL Full Member
How does wearing a shirt showing people your work and photos? thats what the forum is for, wearing your shirt is advertising you are a so called urban explorer and will bring you unwanted attention, in short it classes you as a "goon".. i had a Tshirt i was given with the word Urbex on it with a picture of a gasmask, it was a joke gift and i wore it as such but you seriously are a walking bill board

Wevs, you forget, it's all about dem likes, shares and subscribes

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Wevs, you forget, it's all about dem likes, shares and subscribes
Sadly yes mate, we all like a little bit of ego stroking if we have some cracking pics and a good location but the lengths people go to for a little attention is laughable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who has read this thread (Total: 534) View details