real time web analytics
Report - - The Works, Manchester - June 2016 | UK Draining Forum | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Works, Manchester - June 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Looks like the EA have had a good tidy up of the outfall, used to more resemble a jungle, with deep sucking stinking turdy mud.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
That is the one near the infall, responsible for the pollution

Also the outfall of the works overflow is still an overgrown muddy mess, that picture doesn't really show it as you remember it

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
No worries, seems some things never change, lol. I know there is one near the outfall, that the EA have fixed, but has anyone got a pic of the other one near the infall, at the beginning of the drain that goes into the works chamber? Not sure if it is still polluting?

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hmmm, a bit confused, I was under the impression there was one downstream of the processor, as you enter what eventually becomes inhospitable? No worries either way.

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
OK no worries. I saw your post here, at least I think it is you?

http://nwex.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10353

I don't mean the continuation under the penstock in the works chamber, something upstream as you enter the infall downstream from the outfall of processor/potters lane CSO?

Either way, thanks for the report.

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good stuff

I don't know anyone that doesn't like The Works, it's got everything you could ever want from a drain

Agreed. Loved it the first time I went in, and would love to go in again for a second time. A mate of mine did not like (his words) "seeing a turd in the water" at that ONE section....anyone who has been in will know what I mean (should it still be there!)

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Seems the EA have been on UU's back, forcing them to upgrade a lot of the CSO's and reduce UIDs. Thanks for the replies.