real time web analytics
Report - - Water Treatment Works, Denbighshire - May 2023 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Water Treatment Works, Denbighshire - May 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Introduction
This is one of a few places that myself and @V50jake visited on our trip to Wales at the beginning of May. I’ve driven past this a few times before not paying much attention to it as it looked like an old farm building or derpy house, but we decided to take a closer look and as it turns out, it’s actually an old Water Treatment Works.

Information & The Explore
It appears to be quite an old place, and the entry was slightly difficult, we had to fit through a very small window pane and I only just fitted through. Due to its rural location, it hasn’t suffered too much vandalism over the years other than a few faded pieces of graffiti at the rear and a few little bits inside. The weather has battered this one quite considerably, the roof is in poor condition with missing tiles, letting in the unpredictable Welsh weather meaning it is in rather poor condition inside.

The interior consists of a taller section housing a pair of large water tank structures, there is a small upstairs section that houses a few control wheels, but not much else. Elsewhere downstairs there is a nice gauge that shows the Upwash Flow in gallons, albeit in poor condition. There are also some pipework and pump remains, one of which is manufactured by Worthington Simpson. There doesn’t appear to be any motors or anything attached anymore and it is evident that much of the equipment was removed, presumably at the time of closure. Finally, there are a couple of empty dilapidated rooms and another water storage tank.

I found very little information about this site online, I trawled through some history pages and old OS Maps, and I couldn’t see it marked or mentioned anywhere other than a few images on Geograph simply referring to it as a Water Treatment Works that has ‘stood derelict for many years’. There is also an underground reservoir on site owned by Welsh Water which is well sealed, so I would have thought the waterworks building used to serve this.

If anyone has any additional information on the site that would be really helpful!

Onto the photos, starting off with a few externals of the site. The building is surrounded by some lovely scenery which is on the edge of the Denbigh Moors. The site is incredibly rural and sits beside the A543.

IMG_2716.jpg

IMG_2728.jpg

IMG_2731.jpg

IMG_2711-HDR.jpg

The small upstairs section, access is served via an old iron staircase:

IMG_2694-HDR.jpg

IMG_2544-HDR.jpg

IMG_2547-HDR.jpg

IMG_2675-HDR.jpg

Looking inside one of the storage tanks from above:

IMG_2682-HDR.jpg

Going back to the ground floor:

IMG_2576-HDR.jpg

IMG_2589-HDR.jpg

IMG_2601-HDR.jpg

Some nice peel:

IMG_2608.jpg

The front entrance with a small empty hallway:

IMG_2628-HDR.jpg

Here's the gauge I mentioned earlier, it sits between the two water tanks:

IMG_2632.jpg

Remains of the pipework and pumps which sit in front of the two tanks:

IMG_2593.jpg

IMG_2646-HDR.jpg

IMG_2649.jpg

IMG_2658-HDR.jpg

IMG_2661-HDR.jpg

And finally, a view of the two sealed entry points of the underground reservoir on site:

IMG_2713.jpg

IMG_2724.jpg

Thanks for looking!

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nice little find mate. Some great shots. Nice to see younger explorers like you, Jake and Wastelandr banging up the reports and all with good photos regularly.
Thanks mate! Finding places, editing and writing reports are my favourite things to do at the min, no YT vids coming from me I'm afraid like most of the younger lot do :lol And I agree,@Wastelandr is putting up some brilliant stuff at the moment, as is Jake of course

Last edited:

Wastelandr

Goes where the Buddleia grows
Regular User
Nice little find mate. Some great shots. Nice to see younger explorers like you, Jake and Wastelandr banging up the reports and all with good photos regularly.
Very kind Mikey, finally started getting round to putting the years of photographs out there. It's the positive feedback and collective knowledge that keeps me coming back :D

Thanks mate! Finding places, editing and writing reports are my favourite things to do at the min, no YT vids coming from me I'm afraid like most of the younger lot do :lol And I agree,@Wastelandr is putting up some brilliant stuff at the moment, as is Jake of course
Big thanks mate, lovely find and report, always original stuff. Yourself and Jake's photos are always top notch, I can see @Mikeymutt's influence in them ;) but they have their individuality too. Especially like the closeups on the machinery.

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Very kind Mikey, finally started getting round to putting the years of photographs out there. It's the positive feedback and collective knowledge that keeps me coming back :D

Big thanks mate, lovely find and report, always original stuff. Yourself and Jake's photos are always top notch, I can see @Mikeymutt's influence in them ;) but they have their individuality too. Especially like the closeups on the machinery.
Thank you mate, much appreciated! I do sometimes do similar edits to Mikey as they work well, but there are a few users who influence me aswell, and it depends on the place to how I shoot and edit locations

Wastelandr

Regular User
Thank you mate, much appreciated! I do sometimes do similar edits to Mikey as they work well, but there are a few users who influence me aswell, and it depends on the place to how I shoot and edit locations
Yeah it develops over time, probably only about 2 years ago the look I like started coming together. Also nice to see the perspective done right with the verticals, works well on those cylinders

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Yeah it develops over time, probably only about 2 years ago the look I like started coming together. Also nice to see the perspective done right with the verticals, works well on those cylinders
Yeah it has taken me a while too, but it is fun and it's nice seeing the results get better over time. Thanks mate, that's thanks to Lightrooms geometry adjustments!

Wastelandr

Regular User
Yeah it has taken me a while too, but it is fun and it's nice seeing the results get better over time. Thanks mate, that's thanks to Lightrooms geometry adjustments!
Same here that's how I do it. I used to just point and shoot without thinking but the perspective takes them to the next level. Although feel like it's given me OCD it's hard to unsee lol