real time web analytics
Aylesford Newsprint, Kent - Dec 2015 | Industrial Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Aylesford Newsprint, Kent - Dec 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Boomstick84

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Top stuff, what in impressive place.

That PM14 machine looks a beast aswell. Size of that thing!

Nice one :thumb

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Nice one boys, was eyeing that up from the road when we were down in Kent this summer. Looks more interesting than id have thought.

Adders

living in a cold world
Regular User
That gantry crane though. :eek:

Nice one guys, slammin' find to finish the year.

The Wickerman

Nik24
28DL Full Member
Very nice, impressive work chaps - pretty immense site and no mean feat dodging security so im told, good stuff

Maniac

rebmeM LD82
Regular User
Thanks for the comments people.

We were very surprised by what we found here TBH, it was much more complete than we anticipated. 9 months after closing I was expecting at least some of the machinery to have been dismantled, but in reality very little of it has been touched.

nsdev

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Best industrial report I have seen......ever!! Absolutely superb, thanks for the process detail and ordering it all, and yes the scale is massive! ( and I have worked a good while in the steel industry so I'm pretty familiar with heavy stuff!)

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
That's an impressive warehouse. 15,000 pallet capacity maybe - I used to work in one a similar aisle and height size but the bays were double deep and that was 30,000 pallets. Hydraroll system to automatically load trailers is nice as well.

MJF

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi 28DL, just thought I would say thanks for this. I have shared it in the Ex - staff Aylesford Newsprint Facebook page. There has been lots of comment on the quality of your report and pictures. There is great sadness amongst us all, some of whom worked there over 30 years. Thanks again.
Matt (ex-Area Manager)

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Hi 28DL, just thought I would say thanks for this. I have shared it in the Ex - staff Aylesford Newsprint Facebook page. There has been lots of comment on the quality of your report and pictures. There is great sadness amongst us all, some of whom worked there over 30 years. Thanks again.
Matt (ex-Area Manager)

Hi MJF, do you have a link?

thewookiewacker

28DL Member
28DL Member
Wow, I worked there as a fire officer from 97 to 2004 , doesn't look and different, but it does look strange without any paper there, well done