real time web analytics
Aylesford Newsprint, Kent - Dec 2015 | Industrial Sites | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Aylesford Newsprint, Kent - Dec 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
What a cracker that is. Bloody great set of pics and report m8ty thx for getting there and posting. Bloody epic

Maniac

rebmeM LD82
Regular User
Just like to say it was an impressive place to work it took me a long time to get the engineering stores looking like that lol

They were a tribute to the attention to detail that I noticed across the whole site. I know the place has been cleared of a lot of things, but you could tell it was well looked after and maintained when it was in use.

You wouldn't believe it lol more processes than you shake a stick at !!!!!

I think I've kinda got the process right in my post, I got most of the information from the promotional video I found on Youtube. I don't know how much more there is to see on the site, but I get the feeling we covered the most interesting parts.

It is a great shame to see an impressive piece of industry like this sitting idle, especially since that newer machine, PM14 was only 20 years old which isn't really that old at all for that sort of machinery. I was reading that they did have plans to build another machine, PM15, at some point, but these were shelved. I've also read that some people think if that had been done around the same time PM14 was built, that the plant may have been saved as they would have the output necessary to still be competitive.

GG

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great report thanks with some really good pictures. Sad to see this amount of investment wasted.

andyr

28DL Member
28DL Member
Just found this site and seen the sad news. Worked for the company who made the paper machines and the control system for both the paper machines and the power plants on site. Last on site way back in 2003 but the pictures bring back memories... PM14 at one point was the fastest paper machine in the world!!

Exploring With Pride 🌈

Exploring with pride in more ways than one
28DL Full Member
Amazing report walked along the footpath by the fence a few years ago on the off chance was a hole but a secca car slowly drove up the inside of the fence as if to say not today buddy 😂