real time web analytics
Report - - Decepticon, Sheffield - July 2010. | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Decepticon, Sheffield - July 2010.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Decepticon, Sheffield - Visited By Ojay, Thompski & Woodburner.

Credits to Siologen & Little Mike for discovering this one. After seeing some photos last year I always planned to visit it once I was in the area.

Today was the day, after a failed Megatron visit (Fuck me they even work on culverts at 8am on a Sunday Morning!!!) we decided to head off in search of Decepticon. Anyway props to Woodburner for working this one out, seems a little local knowledge helps :D

Anyway what is essentially an overflow for a storm relief system, we decided to head on in and check out the place for ourselves.

At the Outfall there was a strong smell of 'Fresh' in the air, hmmm I thought this was a storm relief system?

On with a few photo's......

Once inside we were faced with more stooping (NSFW).

Stoop_out.jpg

Stoop_Me.jpg

Eventually leading through to this box section

Box.jpg

After 100yds or so, it opened up into a concrete arch tunnel with, a raised section down one side

dppl2.jpg

there was quite a loud roar and a familiar smell of 'Fresh' in the air, after climbing up into the first insepction chamber it appeared there was a sewer running through

fresh.jpg

An indeterminable time later (what seemed like ages) we arrived at this much larger chamber

Chamber1.jpg

Ahead was a 7ft RCP, which went on and on and on......

dppl1.jpg

Ojay

OJ.jpg

Woodburner

Wood1.jpg

4804866647_1e595802d0_b.jpg

F@@K this, time to turnaround and head out... Thanks for looking :thumb

WB

28DL Wood Burner
28DL Full Member
Fucking sick piccies dude, was worth getting my boots soaked for (they are sat on the radiator) :D

WB

28DL Wood Burner
28DL Full Member
Yeah its a strange arrangement alright, the tunnel seems to turn through 90 degrees after 100m or so after that you can stand up in it...

I need to get back and find another way into this without the awful initial stoop! :banghead There were at least 3 manhole covers we saw along the way so its just a case of finding them. :thumb

That 7ft RCP needs a good walk down just to see where the hell it goes!