real time web analytics
Report - - Decepticon REVISITED - Sheffield - 20/12/22 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Decepticon REVISITED - Sheffield - 20/12/22

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Parky

The Devil Is in the Details
Regular User
Decepticon - Revisited
Visited with @MartyZero and @Jamie explores
Well, it was my birthday recently. and I now have a new camera and torch for my explores, so I decided to go down to a drain to test both out! I invited a few friends down to show them a Sheffield drain (hell) and get some awesome photos!

The flow was abit faster than usual today, so that made photos even more epic, as you can see here:

_DSC0195.JPG

Come in.. Its nice..
_DSC0202.JPG

We slung over into the outfall, but me being from Sheffield, this felt like home! I dont think Marty and Jamie would agree..

_DSC0194.JPG

_DSC0184.JPG

After 100m or so of stoopy box section, the box flips onto its side, making a nice hallway!
_DSC0175.JPG

_DSC0082.JPG

_DSC0168.JPG

This is where we see our first chamber, where we get to take a glance at a sewer!
_DSC0088.JPG

It was running directly opposite for quite abit of the explore, more on that later.
Here it is in this brief open section:
_DSC0083.JPG

Keeping progress we moved on up this large concrete arch, with the sewer running aside in some sort of box!

_DSC0095.JPG

Soon enough we meet out next chamber, and also my favourite chamber!
_DSC0158.JPG

And my God were it huge!

_DSC0160.JPG

While in here, the water all of a sudden turned a thick brown color...
_DSC0100.JPG

It didnt smell or anything, it was just odd...
After a few minutes it went away, and we carried on with the explore!
_DSC0165.JPG

The roar of "water" was getting louder and louder, until in the distance I could see yet another chamber!
More splooshing until eventually we met up with our next and final large chamber!
_DSC0108.JPG

Climbing up that ladder to the ledge, youre met with the sewer cascading down a 5ft drop, and it ponged, and looking back at photos from June the flow was MUCH faster!

_DSC0120.JPG

Marty in yr drainz !!

_DSC0114.jpg

We had fun taking photoz in here and then carried on forward to see what lies ahead..
_DSC0126.JPG

Showers FTW.
_DSC0147.JPG

Eventually we came across this tributary which is always nice to see in drains!
_DSC0132.JPG

I decided to take a look up, it wasnt too bad of a stoop..
_DSC0139.JPG

_DSC0134.JPG

_DSC0137.JPG

Oh well it was good while it lasted, if you can see in the photo, if you went on further it would have taken you to a little cascade, however I didnt feel like crawling.. back out!
_DSC0130.JPG

We kept on sploosh splooshing until we came across another little chamber! Where we sat and had a quick brew (yes we washed our hands...)

_DSC0148.JPG

While Marty and Jamie sat and brewed up I had a quick venture up to see if there was anything else of intrest..
Only thing were a few showerz and other drainz joining!
_DSC0142.JPG

_DSC0144.JPG

After brewing we had a play around with photos and had a laugh! It was definitely a good explore.
_DSC0157.JPG

_DSC0162.JPG

_DSC0167.JPG

_DSC0187.JPG

_DSC0192.JPG

And then finally daylight once again...
_DSC0191.JPG

_DSC0193.JPG

After 4 hours of being underground, we finally had some fresh air..
Sorry for this being my 3rd report on this place, I just had to show you these photoz!
Thanks for reading.
~Maestro :)
_DSC0201.JPG

_DSC0088.JPG

P1020322.JPG

P1020319.JPG

_DSC0146.JPG

_DSC0147.JPG

_DSC0166.JPG

Last edited:

TheVicar

Loyal to the Drain
Regular User
This always looks pretty decent for a concrete jobby but that seriously stoopy first section hurts my back just looking at it.

Parky

The Devil Is in the Details
Regular User
This always looks pretty decent for a concrete jobby but that seriously stoopy first section hurts my back just looking at it.
that first section is a pain to do but once you get past it its easy going :)