real time web analytics
Report - - Denbigh Asylum - 18/08/07 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Denbigh Asylum - 18/08/07

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Visited with Markr, BenWRX and Sick.

This place is going downhill rapidly. It's falling to pieces thanks to the local twatty kids and the thieving pikey scum.

Anyway, less about that.

Nothing about these pictures, just liked the colours...

IMG_8099.jpg

IMG_8112.jpg

but I do love this tiling...

IMG_8126.jpg

IMG_8127.jpg

view left and view right from the tower...

IMG_8129.jpg

IMG_8134.jpg

and this is what it looked like last year...

IMG_3542.jpg

IMG_3552.jpg

The leads now completely gone from the roof and the waters pissing in.

The projector room I hadn't seen before...

IMG_8135.jpg

IMG_8138.jpg

IMG_8148.jpg

IMG_8142.jpg

I bet the main hall looks great without it's suspended ceiling...

IMG_8149.jpg

More tiles...

IMG_8155.jpg

and not sure why the burst of colour here...

IMG_8162.jpg

But seriously, there's gangs of kids just walking around smashing everything up here. One day it will be burned to the ground I'm sure.

Provingdemons

Banned
Banned
whoa, I literally just did this last night and made my report, its been trashed so bad since you've been in. honestly wouldn't believe it was the same place if I didn't know any better..

adventure4000

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I have a feeling on this place. The real reason they wont do anything is because off all the unmarked graves that have been left behind. I bet there would be a investigation if it ever was flattened. Just my gut feeling. Is amazing place been so many times still gives me chills every time I go there, for all the stuff that must of gone in there good and bad. Its funny though The people that was in there wanted to get out and we as explorers want to get in I find this funny. But like I say is a brill place to explore and capture pics. Like the cinema reals ect.

Giymo85

Amateur and proud
28DL Full Member
I hopped aboard this tour bus this morning, in the area so figured why not.

Almost unrecognisable in comparison.

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
I have a feeling on this place. The real reason they wont do anything is because off all the unmarked graves that have been left behind. I bet there would be a investigation if it ever was flattened. Just my gut feeling. Is amazing place been so many times still gives me chills every time I go there, for all the stuff that must of gone in there good and bad. Its funny though The people that was in there wanted to get out and we as explorers want to get in I find this funny. But like I say is a brill place to explore and capture pics. Like the cinema reals ect.

Wouldn't say any pauper graves would have any influence on the place - its not like other asylums have the same situation - heck at Cane Hill they exhumed bodies and moved them over the road to a new resting place. The problem with Denbigh has always been the owners are faceless in the sense its owned by an overseas company with seemingly nobody standing up and saying its mine. They came very close to starting work in 2008/9 with some asbestos removal and had the architects on standby to go (the same who did Pen-y-Fal) but then the recession/downturn stopped it dead.

I'd say the demise of Talgarth is far worse that this - in 2008 it was still almost entirely intact/water tight. It even had people living in the admin building. 10 years later and its a toss up which is worse condition.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
I'd say the demise of Talgarth is far worse that this - in 2008 it was still almost entirely intact/water tight. It even had people living in the admin building. 10 years later and its a toss up which is worse condition.

At least at Denbigh they will end up saving a large part of the structure - Talgarth is so far gone now that it will all be flattened as it isn't really of any special architectural value in comparison.

adventure4000

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yep Talgarth is in a real bad shape. Yep just hope they will save the front of Denbigh though but I noticed that the stone work is slowly going because of the rain it is eroding away. Just hope it can be saved though sooner rather than later. Trip Hopping: Yep I know they have graves all the asylums but why do they start and stop on work at Debigh makes no sense to me unless they are trying to cover something up just my thought. There is Asylum where I live that was turned into flats and other places have been turned into something else.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
There is no cover up at Denbigh.

The owner is an offshore company with no feet on the ground here, and the location is so rural it lacks the infrastructure necessary for a large scale development which would be vital for anything going forward.

Giymo85

Amateur and proud
28DL Full Member
Almost every one of these sites will have had that issue to a greater or lesser degree, yet work has been carried out on so many that it just clearly isn't an issue.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Almost every one of these sites will have had that issue to a greater or lesser degree, yet work has been carried out on so many that it just clearly isn't an issue.

Many asylums were near enough to large towns, or indeed swallowed up in them, to warrant that kind of development though. Denbigh is in the middle of buttfuck-nowheresville, with only small villages that couldn't, or just plain don't want to cope with that kind of intense development nearby which is why it's been stuck in limbo for so long.

The listing of the building hasn't helped matters either, most asylums demolished in recent years weren't listed so could be flattened very easily with only a couple of small areas left. The whole front half of Denbigh is listed, and as we all know a few years back they ripped everything in that part out and put it back to bare walls so nothing could catch fire - so there won't be any 'convenient' fires that lead to it having the listed status removed.

Developers love a tear it down and start from scratch build much more than having to work around a listed building, it's a development white elephant.

Giymo85

Amateur and proud
28DL Full Member
@mookster Sorry, I wasn't clear with what I said. I was referencing the whole grave thing rather than the state of the building.

You are bang on with what you say, I know. It isn't a conspiracy it's just money, as per usual I suppose.