real time web analytics
The Welsh Asylum Gauntlet - April / Oct 2023 | Noteworthy Reports | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

The Welsh Asylum Gauntlet - April / Oct 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Outstanding report, so much detail and the images are second to none. Give yourself a pat on the back

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Absolutely top stuff right there.

Really liking the look into the Bristol asylum. It's interesting to see how the building has been converted in a rather tasteful way with a lot of the original details left undisturbed when possible.
Glenside is very original still, due to it being bought and repurposed by the local uni straight after closure. Pre Covid they were signalling that they were going to sell up tho so watch this space..

Wastelandr

Goes where the Buddleia grows
Regular User
Superb mate. Always nice to see an asylum round up.
Cheers mate! I've always liked reading the roundups, probably why I do them.

Absolutely top stuff right there.

Really liking the look into the Bristol asylum. It's interesting to see how the building has been converted in a rather tasteful way with a lot of the original details left undisturbed when possible.
Thanks dude yeah I enjoyed looking round that. There's some pics of it here prior to its current lick of paint:
Glenside

Wastelandr

Regular User
Glenside is very original still, due to it being bought and repurposed by the local uni straight after closure. Pre Covid they were signalling that they were going to sell up tho so watch this space.
The current decoration it's had looks pretty new so I wonder if they've put more into it recently. I spotted a few fresh information boards too, but who knows could still be a few years old.

Outstanding report, so much detail and the images are second to none. Give yourself a pat on the back
Big thanks :thumb

ASOM

One-Man Urbex Art Army
28DL Full Member
I see! So the wooden shutters aren't related to padding necessarily? I could tell a few at Whitchurch from curved walls and bits but I suppose it's not always obvious. Cheers I'll have to swing by Pen Y Fal at somepoint, looks a cool building. I've been doing a bit of a b&w film photography project of externals so good to get a snap or two anyway.
The wooden shutter are because they couldn't use curtain rails, etc. Usually they could be locked in either "open" or "closed" position, and had nothing to wrap a cord around in either position.

ASOM

One-Man Urbex Art Army
28DL Full Member
Fantastic selection, great work!

Here's Carmarthen chapel:

StDavids068.jpg

Wastelandr

Regular User
The wooden shutter are because they couldn't use curtain rails, etc. Usually they could be locked in either "open" or "closed" position, and had nothing to wrap a cord around in either position.
Ah interesting, is that because they might harm themselves with wrapping chord round the rails then?

Fantastic selection, great work!

Here's Carmarthen chapel:

StDavids068.jpg
Cheers! I saw another image you'd taken here on Facebook actually, absolutely stunning. Great addition to the report.

ASOM

One-Man Urbex Art Army
28DL Full Member
Ah interesting, is that because they might harm themselves with wrapping chord round the rails then?

Cheers! I saw another image you'd taken here on Facebook actually, absolutely stunning. Great addition to the report.
Yeah, the same open/closed functionality as a curtain really, but yes, so you couldn't hang from it, basically.

Wastelandr

Regular User
Yeah, the same open/closed functionality as a curtain really, but yes, so you couldn't hang from it, basically.
Interesting cheers for clearing that up. I'm guessing the reason they weren't in all is because not all patients were as risky?

Who has read this thread (Total: 560) View details