real time web analytics
Report - - Grinkle Mine culvert (revisited) - February 2016 | UK Draining Forum | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Grinkle Mine culvert (revisited) - February 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Mutagen

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Huge landslip at Mulgrave a few weeks back but I don't think it affected the tunnels.

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
if you let me know, I will give you a tour of Port Mulgrave
bring your 4 gas with you. :thumb

What are you basing your "Tour" on ? my report :D

Not seen any pics from you from here..........You know what they say "If you ain"t got the pics, it didn"t happen" :p

Anybody that attempts this without a Gas Meter and more importantly some kind of BA is more stupid than a stupid thing & what"s the point when it"s blocked solid and it"s already documented?

It"d be better to organise a trip from the Dalehouse end IMO although there"s jack shit photo & report wise from that end. Hopefully there"s less roof collapses but i wouldn"t hold my breathe ;)

Last edited:

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Someone needs to have a look into the sealed up lower Tunnel portal ;) Although it"s sealed by a roof collapse where the tunnels spur (in my report) also there"s still water flowing out of the mortar joints of the portal Sandstone blocks so i"m presuming the mine audits in the tunnel are flowing down into the lower level tunnel section.

When we called in late October nobody had been for months going off the veg growth outside, could have done with a machete TBH but it"s a good thing, hopefully nobodies been & died inside? We only went up to the twin tunnel portals and decided the air hadn"t improved enough to hang about.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Yeah sounds too sketchy for essentially a few pics of nothing does that

As for the low oxygen levels, you could always send Stranton down and hopefully he'll keep quiet for a while :D

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah I think I remember it now, you had a lucky escape, even with BA or escape set which I have, I wouldn't touch that place with Stranton :D

His epic coughing would bring the rest of the roof down ATM & there"s no conveyors :coat

Seriously though you can skip the Gas Meter as we know it"s got low O2 levels and as the Ironstone reacts with water to produce CO2 (so i"m led to believe?) it"s never going to improve as there"s no flow of air due to the roof collapses.

I am surprised it didn"t get some of the local Cavers/Miners interested enough to call down & post some pics as there wasn"t anything i could find from this century ( well i"ve not seen any yet?)

stranton

subterranean explorer
Regular User
Port Mulgrave 2008 - 2009
Dalehouse (sealed)
1west%20portal_zpsaz5vv5rf.gif

Port Mulgrave
Collapse
View attachment 670406

Merging tunnel
View attachment 670408

View attachment 670411

beyond
View attachment 670413

thanks,
hopefully you didn't mind me attaching these to your thread. @Mutagen

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
:thumb:Not Worthy;)

Knew i"d get you to post them eventually

i think we need to book a Caravan holiday at Dalehouse :thumb

Mutagen

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
hopefully you didn't mind me attaching these to your thread. @Mutagen

Crack on mate. I didn't get in as far as the split in the tunnel so the more photos I see, the better!

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just think of your Daughter @Mutagen, she"d miss her Dad i"m sure, if anything happened to you :(

Now i"m not a betting man but i don"t think playing Russian Roulette with Port Mulgrave Tunnel when there"s 5 bullets in the gun is a good idea :eek:

Forget it mate, it"s not worth the risk here & i know you know what you"re doing. I"ve got BA & i wouldn"t go back through mainly due too the roof caving in on you. And we"re talking tonnes of Ironstone .........now Dalehouse end ;)

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
Absolutely awesome pics. Great looking place. Thx for report and pics and comments cracking read.

Nighthawk45

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Jesus wept that's completely different to the way it were back in 2009. Some cracking photos there. Still really photogenic, but in different ways! I guess this shot would no longer be possible....

4023101213_3783596b28_z.jpg

Or this...

4026181543_8dab0cb382_z.jpg

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Jesus wept that's completely different to the way it were back in 2009. Some cracking photos there. Still really photogenic, but in different ways! I guess this shot would no longer be possible....

4023101213_3783596b28_z.jpg

Or this...

4026181543_8dab0cb382_z.jpg

i prefer how it looks in your pics :thumb Although whoever it is in the above pic does not share my opinion it seems, looking at that expression :D