real time web analytics
Report - - Plunger, Milton Keynes - May '16 | UK Draining Forum | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Plunger, Milton Keynes - May '16

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

TheVicar

Loyal to the Drain
Regular User
Nice to see more pics from this drain :thumb

It would be interesting to see what the sump looks like during daylight hours, I imagine it would look somewhat more pleasant.

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Where does the sump go or does it all soak away, flow into a river through a u bend what do you call em?

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Since you seem fascinated with the sump, here it is from the other side (it's around 2m deep), all forward flow is transferred to the nearby watercourse

Next question :p

sump.jpg

UrbanCaving

Sewer Rat
28DL Full Member
The sump also serves as a grit catcher which means that it doesn't introduce too much sediment into the watercourse.

@TheVicar I do think it would make a very nice photo with the day light coming in from under neath.

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks for that great pic of the outfall structure, Ojay, clears up a lot about the outfall...very different set up from Manchester, but ISTR being a "new town" that it would be.

Pom, I see what you mean mate, it's like a holding tank and all the crap goes to the bottom? presumably there is some access ....... or it can all be drained and cleaned somehow?

Downsy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good set, pretty local to me and something I would be interested in. Not confident to be able to do this safely though.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Not really worth bothering with all that is it when you can view it quite easily from the other side ?

Punk

Punkus Explorus
28DL Full Member
I have to wonder, could that sump be explored by one or two people with some scuba gear tied to a line with a mate at either side of it?Perhaps worth putting a waterproof camera down on a pole or flexible tripod or something?

Can you stop obsessing over these sumps. I'm happy to help noobs, but no offence, you're spamming our threads with pointless questions

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Can you stop obsessing over these sumps. I'm happy to help noobs, but no offence, you're spamming our threads with pointless questions

Fair Enough. Sorry for any offence caused. I'll try and put this sump obsession behind me. Perhaps its a fear I need to overcome related to dark water. Cheers again.