real time web analytics
RIP Downfallen. | Downfallen | Page 5 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

RIP Downfallen.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ali_Explores

AKA Gary
28DL Full Member
I literally cannot believe this. Its truly shocking and quite surreal, never got to meet him but admired his fantastic photos and phenomenal achievements. R.I.P

diehardlove

1 of them cnuts off 28dsl
28DL Full Member
sad sad day,what a shame such a talented person,
dont know if this has been mentioned/arranged but wonder if someone will be arranging donations for a wreath/flowers from us

Shadow

GDMEODC
28DL Full Member
Thats a good idea, I've also heard thoughts of a skydive next year in his memory, which I think could be sponsored, and money donated to a charity of the families choice.

leanrascal

social constructionist
28DL Full Member
Very sad news. I never had the chance to meet him though I suspect it would have only been a matter of time. I did communicate with him by messages on this website, and he was instrumental in helping me get to where I am now in terms of urban exploration. I knew him as a truly genuine, friendly, supportive, helpful, honest and humble man. Let's remember him for the great man he was and by the truly outstanding pictures he has left us. Let's also reflect on the fact we should never take anything for granted, life above all else but also friendships. Let's appreciate the moment, savour all the incredible experiences we share as urban explorers, and cherish what we have, while we have it. And let's drink, in large amounts, to the passing of a true hero.

Skydiver

Memento vivere
28DL Full Member
Thats a good idea, I've also heard thoughts of a skydive next year in his memory, which I think could be sponsored, and money donated to a charity of the families choice.

Shocking news... I'd definitely be interested in doing a jump in his memory.

This was posted on another forum.

Yesterday whilst in Lauterbrunnen Switzerland, on the first day of jumping, ...slipped whilst making his way to the exit of a jump. Wearing a wingsuit, and with the cliff not being an overhang he stood little chance of tracking away from the wall and deploying safely. He was killed.

Police report:

Base Jumper falls

A Base Jumper falls on late Monday afternoon in Lauterbrunnenn and was deadly injured.

A 37 year old British man wanted to jump on Monday the 21st of Dezember 2009, shortly before 17:00 o'clock, with 5 other jumpers in a Wingsuit from Mighty P (in Lauterbrunnen). He slipped on the fix mounted exit platfom when he tried to push off and fell over the platform. He pulled and the canopy opened facing the wall. The Base jumper hit the wall and the helicopter crew could only air lift his dead body from the base of the wall.

RIP mate, you'll be missed by many.

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
...dont know if this has been mentioned/arranged but wonder if someone will be arranging donations for a wreath/flowers from us

Yes that will be happening if it's wanted by the family. Hopefully the word will get to us, we'll have a whip-around and do the flowers and charity thing. Lets just wait until we get the nod though.

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
w210mit3-1.jpg

Legend, thats all you can say

stepping lightly

Stolenmoments
28DL Full Member
"God please give Downfallen some wings so he can visit us" Amen
Inspirational in every way , till we meet again , farewell big fella xx

C

Cake!

That's very sad news.

Sincere Condolences to loved ones.
RIP Downfallen

P

Power Junkie

Can't believe it.

The guy was an absolute legend and a gentleman to boot.
No ego, straight talking and a true inspiration.
I always loved his reports; fantastic photo's and video's.

Deepest condolences to his family.

Vaya con dios, amigo.