real time web analytics
Report - - St Josephs Seminary, Upholland - December 2014 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Josephs Seminary, Upholland - December 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

brewski

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
My favorite place so far, and by all accounts its pretty incredible. Had seen lot of reports on here and had to get in. With a bit of help from a member off here with how to get in we managed it. Great entry and without would have without a doubt set the alarms off in there! When we got in, were buzzing, adrenaline rushing was time to go on a wander around it. This is sort of an amalgamation report of 3 visits, the first blown away by the sheer size of the place. We'd been before and had a little scout around the outside but can only really get a true feel for the size of the place once inside, really is epic. Spent about 4 hours in there, going down various corridors getting lost and finding new spots. Still got loads of stuff in there too see but can just imagine how good this place must have been years ago. We got in in the light but was pitch black by the time we left, was a bit iree in there at first in the dark, haha. Popped back in later that week for another quick look but only in there for about an hour.
Then we went back for another proper look over Christmas, think people were in there that day before us as saw some fresh prints going in and out in the frost. This time found couple of other rooms we hadnt the first time and wanted to get to the chapel, something we'd missed the previous visits. Made it in but shit it and legged it when the alarm went off, gutted as looking back dont know why we did. Knew it was going to go but still just ran. ha. We will be going back at some point. Epic!

Bit of history off wiki, theres loads on here already i would never do it justice!

St Joseph's College was founded in 1880 by Bishop Bernard O'Reilly to be the Seminary serving the North West of England. The college was formally opened in 1883 and was situated in Walthew Park, Upholland, the geographic centre of the Diocese of Liverpool.

The first Junior Seminary of the Diocese was founded at St Edward's College in 1842 as a Catholic 'classical and commercial school' under the direction of the secular clergy and was established in Domingo House, a mansion in Everton. Its President for the next forty years was to be Monsignor Provost John Henry Fisher. When the junior seminarians moved to St Joseph's in 1920 the school was taken over by the Christian Brothers (who also ran St John Rigby College in nearby Orrell) and continues to this day and now serves as the Liverpool Cathedral Choir School. In recognition of the heritage owed to St Edward's College one of the two chapels at Upholland was consecrated as the St Edward the Confessor Chapel.

23D30217-084D-4DC8-9D10-FD488398393B_zpscituuz2g.jpg

97A420E8-6BC1-4969-A568-7E88341D92C5_zps9oi5kuf6.jpg

06C7B288-756D-4903-ADD8-A133009B2D49_zps1z3akycm.jpg

68A9064C-5814-467E-A716-024F359900B2_zpsld3hfusz.jpg

4FF76CBC-16F6-453C-9028-0027A85611C8_zpsyf8hvcwj.jpg

B12A4EDF-5258-4D09-91B9-4FDA14DABD25_zpsttkv0jdv.jpg

39F03B06-B1D5-48C8-B247-89E7CEC2E99B_zpsfp5xwd39.jpg

F980ABFB-3245-4E11-8AF1-123F99ED5008_zpsiautx1xj.jpg

Raz

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Re: St Josephs Seminary - Upholland - December 2014

Nice mate glad to see you experienced the alarm! taking earplugs next time I venture here!:thumb

brewski

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

haha, yeah i forgot mine but will take them and hang around for a bit. we knew it was coming and went with the intention of setting it off but still shit it and just legged it. ha. next time!

slayaaaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Been enjoying your reports mate, nice to see a new member that's getting out there. Tonnes to do in London so you'll have your hands full, :D Nice report. :thumb

brewski

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

cheers mate, got a couple more reports to get up from before Christmas too but didnt have time to get them up as was moving down here.
love it though, great new hobby... what a buzz, haha

DirtyJigsaw

28DL Regular User
Regular User

Very nice indeed. I agree, one of the best explores in the UK tbh. Just everything about it, from actually getting in, to the sheer size of the location, the alarm, and the stunning building itself. Good work

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Nice ones mate :thumb

Not made it here yet, something always goes Tits up whenever it's planned. Must be an act of God lol

BroDizzle

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Good report Brewski. Quality day with the whole crew! Would defo go back for some more pics. Been spoilt with this. Need to find one as good but it's going to be tricky.

brewski

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

yeah i cant reccomend this place enough, we were in there for about 4 hours and still loads of it still to do!

Inky

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
i need to get over to this place! been meaning to for a while those alarms dont sound too appealing though. well in mate