real time web analytics
Report - - The Futurist Theatre and Cinema, Scarborough - April 2015 | Theatres and Cinemas | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Futurist Theatre and Cinema, Scarborough - April 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Megs

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
wow!! well done great photos! Has it been knocked down yet this?

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice one fella :thumb
Nice to see it"s not been trashed yet pre demo (for obvious reasons ;) and unlike Wakefield has no cannabis farm inside ......or does it lol

See if you make it into the Scarborough Examiner or whatever it"s called :D

cliffc

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This place is not that bad, it does need work but not much, and with the right shows in there you can fill the place still, I don't think you would fill it for the films, but even if you can get enough people in there to cover the costs, and make the money from the live shows.

Cliff C

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member
Nice one fella :thumb
Nice to see it"s not been trashed yet pre demo (for obvious reasons ;) and unlike Wakefield has no cannabis farm inside ......or does it lol

See if you make it into the Scarborough Examiner or whatever it"s called :D

Haha, no cannabis farms as far as I could see. One of the bars had pigeon bits all over the place though, which was strange. No pigeon bits outside, only in that one room. Smelt like death and pigeon pie in there.

Maybe, in one last desperate act to save the place the Examiner will get involved :cool:

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member
This place is not that bad, it does need work but not much, and with the right shows in there you can fill the place still, I don't think you would fill it for the films, but even if you can get enough people in there to cover the costs, and make the money from the live shows.

Cliff C

There are working cinemas/theatres in much worse condition! I think it would make a nice little venue, especially since it's in a prime location.

cliffc

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There are working cinemas/theatres in much worse condition! I think it would make a nice little venue, especially since it's in a prime location.

Hi

I 100% agree with you the location is perfect for a seaside town, and its not like Blackpool that still have many theatres in the town Scarbrough only now has the one at the Spa and the open air theatre up near Peaslhome patk, not an all year round venue, I think the Council are being very short sighted in demolishing this venue to replace it with a garden and a rolercoaster.

Regards

Cliff C