real time web analytics
Report - - Tower crane, lytham | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Tower crane, lytham

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

stonemonkey

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Lytham Tower Crane

(next to the dalmeny hotel)

South promenade

July 2015

Visited with Mr Pink, myself (stonemonkey) and Motionless escapes.

Iv googled this place and the only thing I can find is that this plot of land has been just that, a plot of derelict land for some time now, with nothing on it apart from hard core which is now a building site which will be the new retirement apartments, hence the reason for the crane.

I was informed of the presence of said crane by M.E. a few days earlier who spotted it out on his travels. That’s it, its gotta be done now we know about it. Lol. So without much further a do we arranged to meet up at a secret headquarters for the job in hand, we did and decided the best get away vehicle would be the rather inconspicuous green pea. So with that we chucked some clobber in the shoebox and made our way……. As professionals we drove off……. But after about a minute we realised it was quite draughty, and loud, the boot lid was fully open.. great, luckily nothing left the boot of said green pea getaway vehicle, surprising really as I could feel the ‘g’ force as we set off.

After what seemed like an ice age in said green pea getaway vehicle we arrived, took a picture, weighed the job up and did what any other professional would do……… yeah.. we went to the pub for a pint, only till it was dark enough to crack on, we arrived (again) off we go into the site, had a snoop about and we were thwarted by a lady sat out on her balcony of the dalmeny hotel on her phone which the crane was in full view of, ok, lets hang on abit,

fastforward the hanging about bit and up onto the ladders, sweet….. one by one we climbed up trying to be quiet,s shhhh, hang on….. theres a bloke sat in his car on the road beneth us, what is he doing!!?? He sat there for a few minutes, we waited, which seemed like more than a few minutes I can tell you, all of us hanging onto the ladders waiting for him to…. Well just piss off really, ahh at last he gets out, locks his car and were thinkin were movig in a second, but he proceeds to stand the looking at his car!! FFS!! Just go!

He went and we all moved up again till we got to the top, BUZZIN, had a look about, walked the gangway to the counterweights, took some pics, which was abit tricky as it was pretty windy up there, I pointed along the boom to the sea and told M.E. to watch as the boomed swayed against the backdrop of the sands and skyline, lovely to see, me and mr pink was busy wandering about and taking photos of all the different views, M.E. says hes going down, you ok mate? Ye he says, just need to get down…. Ok see you down there.

Me and Mr pink stayed up there for a while happy snapping then decided to head down ourselves, so down we went, quietly so’s not to attract any attention from any balcony sitters. We got down to meet up with M.E. but he’s nowhere to be seen, we thought he was going down and keep watch in the compound for us, we got out of the site and still no sign of him, motionless …. Has…. escaped…! as we were walking back to the car we saw him sat in the green pea getaway car on his phone….. hmmm, nice one matey. Lol.

We all jumped in and sped off into the distance….. in the green pea getaway car!

Anyway on with the pics, which are a pretty shit really and are a mixed bag of mine and Mr Pinks but that’s all we got that evening.

The crane in daylight.

19474700553_552134645a_k.jpg

Looking up in the dark.

19474684443_91ee3175da_k.jpg

20095664405_54388b12a3_k.jpg

20101094681_510c3445b7_k.jpg

20095672605_3b8a4a75f7_k.jpg

20095676785_84176c6987_k.jpg

19907666420_d8a20c5a08_k.jpg

19473044814_fd7d6ef148_k.jpg

all in all......... a pretty chilled out night near the sea!

mr pink

building magician!
28DL Full Member
harhar...nice quick job SM....motionless had escaped ! pissed myself at that one...Some pics somewhere il dig em out

stonemonkey

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
your damn right there seffy.
well....... mr pink.....he did escape! ..................................to the green pea getaway vehicle! :D