real time web analytics
Report - - World War II Bombshelter/Bunker, Austria | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - World War II Bombshelter/Bunker, Austria

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

anthrax

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Disclaimer: Some of the images displayed in my album contain anti semitic graffiti. I'm not promoting anti semitism here but am only showcasing what's inside this bunker.

Today's post is about the exploration of a World War II bunker, that has been abandoned since approximately 1955, when Austria signed the Declaration of Neutrality. Construction began during the war but because of the siege of the Red Army, the bunker was never finished.
Nowadays, most of the former exits have been walled off with only one proper entry and exit remaining. Rescuing people trapped in certain areas of the facility would be close to impossible, due to some entrances being filled with stones and mud.

You imagine bunkers like concrete mazes and even though it looked like one, it was hard to get lost. It was very easy to navigate around even though the tunnels measure about 700m (0.45 miles) in total. Initially, there were around 5 to 7 entrances throughout the whole structure which made it impossible to get lost.

DSC_5054 by anthrax, auf Flickr
DSC_5090 by anthrax, auf Flickr
DSC_6369 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_5124 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_6357 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_5080 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_6377 by anthrax, auf Flickr

If anyone is interested in more, the full album of photos can be found here and my post about the structure here.

Last edited:

anthrax

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The images are showing for me, wonder what's wrong?
You can also click on the link for my album which sends you to flickr directly.

Six

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Can you add more images to your reports rather than just a link to the album?

You can post up to 30 pictures!

anthrax

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Can you add more images to your reports rather than just a link to the album?

You can post up to 30 pictures!

I'll keep that in mind, didn't want to make the post seem crowded, I definitely will for the upcoming posts. :)

anthrax

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Here again, if anyone faced any inconvenience with the pictures. Not sure what went wrong.

26762806057_724f55a9ef_k (1).jpg
26762824357_94a4904a0f_k (1).jpg
27047910427_31f2431e94_k.jpg
27047920297_55a9ebd595_k.jpg
27761761918_34aa7ff828_k.jpg
40920187484_53c76ca612_k.jpg
41917256501_a19c3595dd_k.jpg

whiskeygalore

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Disclaimer: Some of the images displayed in my album contain anti semitic graffiti. I'm not promoting anti semitism here but am only showcasing what's inside this bunker.

Today's post is about the exploration of a World War II bunker, that has been abandoned since approximately 1955, when Austria signed the Declaration of Neutrality. Construction began during the war but because of the siege of the Red Army, the bunker was never finished.
Nowadays, most of the former exits have been walled off with only one proper entry and exit remaining. Rescuing people trapped in certain areas of the facility would be close to impossible, due to some entrances being filled with stones and mud.

You imagine bunkers like concrete mazes and even though it looked like one, it was hard to get lost. It was very easy to navigate around even though the tunnels measure about 700m (0.45 miles) in total. Initially, there were around 5 to 7 entrances throughout the whole structure which made it impossible to get lost.

DSC_5054 by anthrax, auf Flickr
DSC_5090 by anthrax, auf Flickr
DSC_6369 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_5124 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_6357 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_5080 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_6377 by anthrax, auf Flickr

If anyone is interested in more, the full album of photos can be found here and my post about the structure here.
Cool photos chiefy