real time web analytics
Report - - DECEPTICON 22june 2019 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - DECEPTICON 22june 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
have to honest here this was not our first visit to deception we had been here before determined to get to the end ( like everyone before us ) and got only so far , i realised a different approach would be needed to crack this one so decided to build a cart to get us through it . chopping an old mountain bike in half meant we could pedal our way through ( in theory lol ) and getting my mate steve to put a proper axle on the wheelbarrow wheels instead of the 16mm threaded rod i put on on ( and caused us to fail first time :banghead ) we set of and was at the entrance to the drain at 7.00am , the low roof was no problem for us (we only suffered through loss of traction ) and we made good progress past the chambers up the steps under the sewer pipe and up to were we had to stop last time , this is the point were the 1500 mm pipe narrows down even further and becomes plastic pipe which is as slippery as hell and i do mean that i was on my back 3 times much to the amusement of the others and its no idle boast to say we couldnt have done it without the drains cart as its a loooooong way this drain , going on for longer and the plastic pipe has sagged its more oval shape which means the headroom was even less :mad: this eventually came to a staircase with a channel flowing through the middle of the staircase the photo is poor here as there were other pipes dripping water in to it as well and we got a bit of an unwanted shower :( this was as far as the drains cart could go as at the top of the stairs the pipe reduced to 3 feet in diameter and we had a 30% crawl up an incline for about 5 meters but it was back to rcp so we had better traction under foot ,it was then 3ft rcp as far as the eye could see past the manhole we were in so we decided to lift the lid and see were we were . the metal lid was a bastard to get of as it was partly buried under soil and brambles etc it had taken us 2 hours from the start to get here and we went at a decent pace , another 30 mins getting the bloody manhole lid of and we got out much to the shock of an elderly lady walking her dog :eek: we were on the bridleway just of donetsk way after the surprise of finding out were we were we went back down the manhole replacing the lid and back out on the drains cart this time going down hill we had a very good pace and was back to the river outlet in no time
DSCN0733.JPG
DSCN0731.JPG
DSCN0779.JPG
DSCN0725.JPG
DSCN0777.JPG
DSCN0775.JPG
DSCN0774.JPG
DSCN0759.JPG
DSCN0756.JPG
DSCN0770.JPG
DSCN0763.JPG
DSCN0754.JPG
DSCN0771.JPG
DSCN0765.JPG
DSCN0766.JPG
DSCN0769.JPG

View attachment 811028

Last edited:

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
It’s actually called Decepticon, good effort getting to the other end, it’s a proper shrinker and I’ve always turned back, I’m not a fan of concrete myself.

I remember on one outing with @WB we had some strange looks from some fisherman as we headed in, the outfall is a right stoop too!

Everything about this place is a ball ache, you’ve covered it well, good effort and decent pics :thumb

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
thanks ojay having a few problems with my posts would like to be able to edit them but more importantly cant seem to post a pic then a few lines then another one etc have had to group all the pics together which is not ideal

Last edited:

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
thanks tarky it took some time a labour of love you might say we couldnt have got that far without it , it seats 3 the middle guy steers it with his feet the box on the front houses the lights torches and other bits

DSCN0787.JPG

Last edited:

WB

28DL Wood Burner
28DL Full Member
I remember on one outing with @WB we had some strange looks from some fisherman as we headed in, the outfall is a right stoop too!

Everything about this place is a ball ache, you’ve covered it well, good effort and decent pics :thumb

I remember them staring at us then you saying "Don't mind us, just going to sniff some shit" - classic.

@jezzyboo that drain cart needs a thread of its own! Awesome work getting as far as you did. I've only ever been in here twice and both times I got fed up with it. :turd

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
:thumbThanks wb just wondering we're it can go next

The issue with having something like that is that not all these drains are a straight pipe without obstacles... Many of these systems have drops within them, take bunker as a good example to it would be more of a hindrance. Many culverts are lined with crap that has washed up over the years too making even traversing these places on foot a pain let alone a wheeled vehicle.

It’s a fine effort though, although you’ll find it about as much use as a pork pie at a Jewish wedding in many of the UK’s drains :thumb

Who has read this thread (Total: 248) View details