real time web analytics
Report - - Futurist Theatre, Scarborough - December 2014 | Theatres and Cinemas | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Futurist Theatre, Scarborough - December 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

monk

mature
28DL Full Member
Re: Futurist Theatre, Scarborough, December 2014

Good to see inside, had a look earlier in the year when I was up that way, unfortunately that was all it was as had kids in toe, forgot all about it till now.

WhoDaresWins

Let's do this
Regular User

Top notch this! Neither of you look covered in muck or dust though :)

norfolkexplorer

Quite often seen exploring further than Norfolk
28DL Full Member

So cool, nice to see this, but such a shame it will be gone though :(

catbalou

off the wall
Regular User

Top notch this! Neither of you look covered in muck or dust though :)

well i had to get cleaned up for the photo! but yeah, Sed seems to have escaped much of it but he's quite a good climber... me on the other hand ended up sliding flat on my back in wet mud on trying a couple of possible access points. :rolleyes: By the time i got back home it had all dried in and I think my jeans could probably have walked into the washing machine by themselves.

catbalou

off the wall
Regular User

So cool, nice to see this, but such a shame it will be gone though :(

I think it will be around a bit longer, well i hope so anyway. I do feel sorry for the people of Scarborough because after doing a bit of research it looks like theyve fought hard all year to try and save it :(

The Stig

Urbex = Nosey Bastard
28DL Full Member

im amazed its actually scheduled for demo next month to be honest.

Looking mint still such a shame it stood empty.

As for the demo, myself and AK was there couple of days ago, the tender for demo has to be in from contractors by mid Jan 2015, then it*will usually take couple of months to go though them tenders, so I'm guessing there still 3*months before there is any action.

The_Raw

Staff member
That's well nice, the projector room must've been a proper high five moment :D

catbalou

off the wall
Regular User
Ridiculous they can't save this place!

there is a facebook page for it from the scarborough town action group, but its not lookin very promising for them.

"From Patricia David. It is with great regret that we have today heard that the DCMS have not granted listing of the Futurist. There are several issues involved, and suffice it to say at this stage that The Theatres Trust have advised us that we have a strong case for an Appeal and they will help us, together with other interested bodies. However time is of the essence, and we are currently in discussions as to what can reasonably be done.
In the meantime we have to concentrate all our efforts on preventing the demolition. Our Strategy in this is to analyse everything that the Council Officers are doing, or advising Councillors on , and to inform the public on a continuous basis through this page and North Yorks Enquirer. The public have a right to know all that they do behind the Town Hall Walls, and it is our mission to ensure that they do get to know! We are already aware of the Executive's habits of ignoring letters which is going to find its way into headlines on a regular basis,and that they also tell lies about it. Publicly Name and Shame, and ultimately shame the Council into listening to our requests to put in a bid and present this to the Full Council. In addition many of you are already setting up for a physical Protest and presence if it comes to D-day. However it is also of supreme importance that you are there on the Town Hall steps, in droves, on February 27th for the Full Council Meeting at 2.00 p.m. I have made it clear to the Council Leader that they are going to have a very hard fought war on their hands, until we win! The Elections are working very much in our favour and we must all take advantage of this to connect with your existing Councillors and with any potential candidates in your Ward. This is an important and integral part of our Campaign. Let's to it - we are going to win this!"

i wish them luck

Sed

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ah, I can now see this report! Yeah, this has to be one of the best explores I have done. Really enjoyed it and as you said in the report, loads of laughs involved on getting in and out. Many thanks for driving down (and back!) and for picking up on the 'lead from Speed' for us to do it. :thumb